Thursday 30 September 2010

This Weekend...

Hi Folks,
You only need to play one of the maths games I gave you on the sheet. Make sure you do the writing down part in your homework book though, or how will I know you actually played them???
You only have ONE week left to finish your home town project. I was shocked to hear this week that some people have not started it yet. To make a good job, you need to spend quite a bit of time on it. You CAN'T rush it and do it on one night if you want to make a good job of it.

Now, READING. Oh dear, oh dear! First of all a huge congratulations and thanks to Mrs. Beckley. The ONLY parent who signed Dylan's Reading record EVERY day last week. Many others signed it once. Thanks for that, but I need to know that an adult is spending time every day with their child on reading. If they 'finish' the book within a couple of days, great, you can still DISCUSS the book and support them on the READING LOG TASK. It's only 15 to 20 mins per day. NO excuses. I think I will EXPLODE next week if anyone dares to say to me "My mum didn't have time to sign!" I AM an OGRE about reading but it is for your own good folks. Trust me.

We have a new girl in our class!!! Nur Aqilah (we call her Aqilah). She's from Malaysia and she made a great impression on her first day; being very polite and working very hard on some research work. Photos will be included next week...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Mrs. W.
XXX

No comments: